Nominations are now open for a range of learning opportunities, which meet CPD requirements for social workers.
You can choose from a variety of individual modules, or apply for more than one module. Some of the modules make up units towards the MA in Advanced Social Work, and others as part of an MA in understanding domestic violence and sexual abuse. You do not need to apply for more than one module, but you are able to do so.
If you are interested:
1. Discuss fully with your line manager. The courses involve assignment writing and it is expected that you will be studying at home, as well as attending the university on the course dates. Please apply only if you can make all the dates.
2. Express an interest in your chosen course by email to Kusam Bedi.
3. Both complete a sponsorship form AND the SELPT nomination form (below) by the 15th December. The priority is the nomination form.
Course modules available below, however, for fuller information please download the document below.
The Care Act and social work: practice policy and the law.
Developing and planning the evaluation of a practice learning intervention
Implementing and evaluation a practice learning intervention
Developing the learning organisation - reflective practice within and across organisations
Interpersonal skills with direct work with adults
Modules that make up the MA in domestic violence and sexual abuse
Last updated: 09 December 2016
- The Care Act and social work practice (PDF, 99KB)
- Planning developing implementing and evaluating a learning intervention modules (PDF, 104KB)
- Interpersonal skills for direct work with adults (PDF, 100KB)
- Developing the learning organisation (PDF, 101KB)
- Domestic violence and sexual abuse (PDF, 128KB)
- SELPT nomination form (DOCX, 59KB)