Opportunities exist to support a member of staff to become qualified as an Occupational Therapist. To find out more, contact us using the form on this site.
OTs are asked to complete:
- E-learning on a range of topics including safeguarding, data protection and the Care Act.
- Safeguarding children and Safeguarding adults level 2 training
- Within one year of their qualification to attend a five day manual handling and risk assessment course.
- Trusted Assessor e-learning modules
- An update on legislation related to manual handling and risk assessment
- A practical session to refresh manual handling and develop awareness on new equipment
Continuing professional development
- Opportunity to attend suitable conferences and short courses external to the Council
- Best Interest Assessor qualification. Information about this five day masters level course is available here.
Last updated: 29 October 2015