Parental mental health and families
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for any agency working in social care. It is the second module following the module "A think family approach".
Please note: You will need to close the e-player webpage at the end of your session so that you can click the review and save button to log the module as complete on your account. There is no assessment, so you can spend as long as you like doing the module. There will be a short assessment produced, to go with this module and you will then be able to log some CPD points associated with the course.
What does it cover?
This course covers.
- The experiences of all family members where a parent has a mental health problem;
- A review and development your understanding of the ways social inequalities and discrimination can affect families where a parent has a mental health problem;
- Different models of understanding mental illness and hear about some of the more common diagnoses, interventions and treatments.
- Explore child development and the parenting tasks needed at different stages of a child's development.
- How families with a range of needs may experience the different health and social care organisations
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the main themes in working with parental mental ill-health