A think family approach
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who works in children or adult social care and associated services, such as substance misuse. This course is the prerequisite learning for the Crossing bridges: think family training for adults mental health social workers and children's social works in the Council.
Please note: You will need to close the e-player webpage at the end of your session so that you can click the review and save button to log the module as complete on your account. There is no assessment, so you can spend as long as you like doing the module. There will be a short assessment produced, to go with this module and you will then be able to log some CPD points associated with the course.
What does it cover?
This course covers
- Consideration of the experiences of the family members, where a parent has a mental health problem.
- A review of the models of understanding mental illness and hear about diagnosis, interventions and treatments.
- Child development and the parenting tasks needed at the different stages of child development.
- This session meets elements of the Knowledge & Skills for child and family social work: 6. Child and family assessment and 7. Analysis, decision-making, planning and review
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to..
- Understand the Think Family model.
- Confidence in the key relationships, linkages and systems that need to be understood in parental mental health and family work.