The Effective Ward Councillor
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all recently elected as a councillor in Southwark, or councillors who may have be in the role for a while.
This module will take around 4 hours to complete. You may complete it over several sessions, you do not have to do it all in one go.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The role of the Ward Councillor
- Community leadership
- Understanding your ward
- Representing local voices
- Communicating and influencing
- Managing case work
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand their responsibilites and the demands of the role
- Identifying and responding to ward concerns
- Understand community groups and how to represent them
- Be aware of consultation methods and influencing skills
- Understand the types of case work and how to manage it