Care Act: advocacy
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for everyone who works with adults in Southwark
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- What is independent advocacy under the Care Act 2014?
- The interface with the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- When the Care Act independent advocacy duties apply
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Have an understanding of how to support a person's involvement in their care
- Understand relevant terminology so that people are supported appropriately
- Understand the role of the advocate
- Understand the role of the independent mental capacity advocate
Course Ratings & Reviews
Care Act _ AdvocacyMs Judith Bisatt Felt I learned a lot about advocacy in terms of the Care Act and have a clearer understanding.
Care Act - AdvocacyMrs Carol Purdie Great way of learning. Very detailed course. Has really improved my understanding of this aspect of the Act.