Communication skills with children and young people with autism - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £500 Associates Price: £500
Venue: Training Room G01c, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Length: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is for children's social workers and associated professionals working directly with children with autism.
What does it cover?
This course covers
- How children and young people with autism think and learn.
- The reasons behind the difficulties faced by children and young people with autism in learning, social interaction and communication.
- Looking at Autism friendly education, environments and transition into adulthood.
- Practical strategies used to support children on the autism spectrum with their behaviours and communication in education, social, service, transition and home settings.
- To look at the progress a child can make when consistently supported.
- How to effectively to support children on the autism spectrum positively
- Where to find further information and to stay up to date with current research.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the autism spectrum more fully.
- Practically support children and young people with autism.
- Understand the theory behind education and support interventions.
- Stay up to date with research and information.