Safeguarding children with disabilities - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for those who are likely to receive safeguarding referrals concerning children with disabilities, in children's social are.
What does it cover?
This course covers..
- Models of disability.
- Legislative framework for disabled children in the assessment of risk.
- Vulnerabilities of children with disability.
- Impact on families.
- Lessons from serious caser reviews.
- Effective communication.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to..
- Understand the perspective of the disabled child/young person.
- Recognise the perceived barriers to communicating with disabled children.
- Understand indicators of abuse and neglect, including subtle signs across the diverse range of disabilities, and vulnerabilities of disabled children.
- Understand the assessment of risk in the context of safeguarding
- Have increased knowledge and confidence in seeking support in your role and an awareness of where to get that support.
- Understand the issues faced by parents of disabled children and be confident to improve partnership with parents.