Child sexual exploitation and missing - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone within Children's social care.
What does it cover?
This course covers..
- What do we know about CSE and children going missing and what are our anxieties?
- Definitions and models of CSE
- E-safety and on-line grooming and abuse
- The press & racism.
- First Disclosure, Risk assessment tools and the CSE referral
- How should professionals respond and work with CSE?
- A culture of disbelief & the impact of trauma
- Action planning/risk assessment tools to implement and develop learning, including sources of personal support.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Recognise and identify risk factors associated with CSE and children going missing.
- Understand relevant government guidance, the legislative framework and local protocols.
- Be able to outline the different models of CSE, the types of perpetrator(s) and the way they operate, as identified in the research.
- Recognise and understand ways to effectively identify and engage with children and young people at risk of CSE or going missing.
- Be able to describe different agency roles and responsibilities and your own specific role in safeguarding children from child sexual exploitation.
- Be able to use risk appropriate assessment tools.