Child protection - an overview of statutory social work - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course if for anyone in children's social care within the Council.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Understanding the role of social workers within child protection.
- The law, policy and guidance.
- Consent and information sharing.
- Using statutory guidance to assess risk.
- Building relationships with the child to achieve better outcomes.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the legislative framework in child protection and own roles and
- Be able to work safely within the legislation and use the guidance that underpins this area of work.
- Know that assumptions, values and discrimination can influence safeguarding practice and prevent some children from having equal protection from harm.
- Be able to recognise the factors that can impact on parenting capacity.
- Understand the importance of building relationships.