Adolescents at risk - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for social workers and associated professionals in children's social care.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Techniques to promote positive behaviour in a range of different settings.
- Contributing factors such as the child’s environment and relationships, community or care settings and culture and considers strategies for promoting self esteem and breaking patterns which may lead to harm.
- Understanding communication in reference to the secure base mode.
- Post-incident issues that may affect young people as well as staff.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants be able to..
- Have deeper understanding of risk and why challenging behaviour occurs and of factors which influence behaviour.
- Understanding the stages of emotional arousal and positive techniques for the management of behaviours that challenge.
- Understand how own behaviour can help or hinder successful outcomes (secure base model).