Communicating with children with disabilities - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for those working with children with disabilities and their families, in children's social care, and in the Transitions team.
What does it cover?
This course will cover...
- The barriers to communicating with disabled children.
- The effect of social myths on safeguarding disabled children.
- Different communication methods
- Methods of communication/establishing a disabled child’s wishes and feelings.
- Reviewing the plans of children with disabilities and engaging them in this process.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to..
- Communicate with children and families to engage them in developing plans for children with disabilities.
- Understand the implications of the Protecting Disabled Children document.
- Establish a child's wishes and feelings.