Prevent: safeguarding children (children's social care) - 2 hours
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is only for council employees in Children's services. This interactive, case-study-based workshop is specifically tailored for Social Workers and safeguarding professionals.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- An introduction to the Prevent duty and the risk from terrorism.
- Understanding radicalisation as a safeguarding issue.
- Referral case-studies – what does vulnerability look like.
- Examples of best-practice safeguarding from radicalisation / extremism risk.
- Understanding Prevent activity in Southwark and the referral process.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Demonstrate awareness of the Prevent duty and its link to safeguarding.
- Demonstrate understanding of the possible indicators of radicalisation.
- Demonstrate awareness of Southwark’s referral process.