Monitoring a safeguarding adults enquiry Level 4 (SAMS - safeguarding adults managers) - 9:30-16:30
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for managers in ASC
What does it cover?
This course will cover...
- An opportunity to look at changes from Making Safeguarding Personal, Care At 2014 and the London Multi-Agency Adult Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (updated August 2016), particularly the multi-agency aspects of the enquiry process, the advantages and the potential pitfalls.
- A focus on the specific responsibilities in monitoring, auditing and managing the process and the people undertaking the practicalities of the enquiry.
- Looking at a partnership approach, the manager, the practitioner, the adult and carers as the key partners and ensuring the adult receives appropriate and accessible information,
- Monitoring of issues of risk, capacity, improving wellbeing and working towards improved outcomes for individuals.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to
- Demonstrate a good level of knowledge and understanding of the new legislation guidance and the London Multi-Agency Adult Safeguarding Policy and Procedures (updated August 2016), relevant to managing Adult Safeguarding enquiries and the local process in practice.
- Demonstrate a clear view of their own role in monitoring the process and the importance of management oversight, accountability and responsibility
- Evidence awareness of best practice in the management of risk, multi-agency working, communication, recording and the question of capacity