Mental Health and substance misuse - 9:30-16:30
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for Social workers and Social Care staff in Adult services
What does it cover?
This course will cover..
- National policies, frameworks, guidance and evidence based practice for practitioners working with this dual diagnosis.
- Explore the integrated treatment model and its application to practice.
- Understand Motivational Interviewing and other therapeutic approaches.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Evidence understanding of mental illness and the vulnerability of people to misuse substances.
- Recognise when someone may have a substance misuse problem.
- Understand how different substances might affect a person's behaviour and the support their family and they may need.