Carers and Dementia - 9:30-16:30
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for..
Social workers, Social care staff, Providers and PVI’s
What does it cover?
This course will cover...
• The role of informal/family carers in supporting people who have dementia
• Societal attitudes and beliefs about caring
• The stress, difficulty and challenges presented by the people who have any form of dementia and the services with which they interface.
• The legal picture, eligibility for services and information from the Care Act 2014 for carers.
• Joint assessments for carer and cared for and how they can be used positively to enhance the support received.
• The Triangle of Care model
• Caring partnerships and the need to be trusted
• The range of patterns of care options available, including shared care.
• Looking at a strengths-based approach, drawing on the support available from families, networks and communities as well as formal services in supporting people with dementia and their carer’s.
• Carers and Safeguarding.
• Currently available care and support in Southwark for people in their caring capacity
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate an understanding of the care and support needs for carers who are caring for people with Dementia.
• Used strength based approaches to working with and supporting carers.
• Understand the partnership and triangle model of support provision
• Evidence understanding of strength based approaches and using a wider network of support.