Female genital mutilation - half day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who is involved in working with children and families in Southwark.Frontline professionals i.e. staff, volunteers at various safeguarding levels who are currently working with children, young people and their families in Southwark
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- FGM legal frameworks
- FGM practise
- Identification of risk, how to detect and prevent.
- FGM health risks, and appropriate provision of care and support.
- Cultural competencies and skills for working with FGM affected communities.
- Knowledge of support services and access for women and girls affected by the FGM practice.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand FGM, types and the faith, social and cultural contexts.
- Identify FGM risk factors, detection and prevention
- Understand FGM health risks, consequences of FGM and the appropriate provision of care and support for girls and women.
- Initiate and follow up on FGM conversations
- How to refer, support, and work in a safeguarding context with other agencies.