Parental mental health and the impact on children - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for anyone who works with children and families.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- A review of mental health issues and possible impacts on children, including stresses of parenting on the parent’s mental health and the impact of the parent’s mental health problems on the safety and wellbeing of the child.
- The nature of parental mental health impact on children and young people.
- An introduction to the Think Family approach.
- Understanding local services and the referral processes
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to..
- Contribute to the Think Family agenda.
- Analyse the impact of parental mental ill-health and articulate this through assessments which need to be understood across services.
- Understand how the impact of a parent's mental health can impact the child.
- Refer appropriately to either adults or children's services.