Safeguarding children level 3 - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for people who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
For example, paediatricians, GPs, youth workers, YOT staff and staff in secure settings, those working in the early years sector, residential staff, midwives, school nurses, health visitors, sexual health staff, teachers, probation staff, sports club welfare officers, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services, those working in community play schemes.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Legislation and guidance in safeguarding children.
- How to contribute professional opinion and to work with other professionals in a multi-agency context, and understanding their role in providing reports, attending meetings contributing to decision making, and plans.
- Review and understanding of the range of assessment tools available to support carrying out specialist assessments
- Recent lessons learnt from audits or SCRs and messages from research. Social Work tools available for SWs on the course and other resources available to
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the legislative context for the work in safeguarding children
- Co-operate with the local authority in providing information and professional opinions, and other agencies where there are safeguarding concerns
- Understand the assessment and referral process.
- Use tools and resources to support understanding and work in safeguarding children.