Safeguarding children level 2 - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for people in regular contact or have a period of intense but irregular contact, with children, young people and/or parents/carers including all health clinical staff, who may be in a position to identify concerns about maltreatment, including those that may arise from the use of CAF.
For example, housing, hospital staff, police other than those in specialist child protection roles, sports development officers, disability specialists, faith groups, community youth groups, play scheme volunteers, YOS staff and Early Help.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Key safeguarding concerns how can they be identified.
- Awareness of child development theory.
- The Assessment Framework Triangle and its dimensions and the use of the thresholds document to support good multi-agency working.
- Record keeping good practice and government guidance regarding the sharing of information.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to..
- Identify and respond to safeguarding concerns.
- Refer appropriately
- Share information to protect children and young people from harm.