Adult mental health - an introduction for children's social care - 3 hours
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
The course is tailor made for Southwark council employees in children's social care who have very limited or no knowledge or direct experience in the work with mental health service users.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The different types of mental disorders, their signs and symptoms.
- Causes of mental disorders.
- Treatment and interventions.
- The care pathways into mental health services in Southwark.
- Follow up care in the community..
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to;
- Identify and report correctly the signs and symptoms of mental disorders.
- Identify and access secondary mental health services.
- Understand the admission and discharge pathways.