Secure Base model: Launch event in Southwark - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This courses is for council employees only who are social workers in the Care service, or reviewing officers who support children in care.
What does it cover?
This course covers the launch of the Secure Base Model, and provides an introduction to the model in Southwark..
- An exploration of how social workers and foster carers can use the five dimensions of the Secure Base model to support children's social-emotional development in placement.
- How to use the model to assess a child's developmental needs, incorporate it in the Care Plan and work together with foster carers to support the placement.
- Introduction to the empathic parenting model Southwark's Foster Carers have received training in (EBM) to respond to children's emotional-behavioural difficulties.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the Secure Base as a therapeutic / attachment model for children who have experienced Developmental Trauma.
- Understand how the five dimensions can be used in assessments, placement visits and reviewing plans to support children's placements and promote their social-emotional development.
- A better understanding of how Developmental Trauma impact on children's overall development and relationships and how an empathic parenting model can promote healing and change.