Managing a Mobile Workforce - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for...
All officers who manage staff who are dispersed or working remotely.
What does it cover?
This course will cover...
To provide delegates with the knowledge and skills to manage remote staff effectively, and achieve the benefits of working in a dispersed location within the Council.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the different needs and requirements of staff who you are responsible for managing remotely.
- Increase understanding of your responsibilities to develop working relationships to ensure you are able to help staff perform to the best of their ability.
- Understand what changes will be needed to support new ways of working.
- Understand what additional skills will need to be developed.
- Understand the differences within the communication process when managing staff in dispersed locations.
- Understand the importance of and effective use of our communication processes - including new technologies such as video conferencing.
- Understand the importance of managing outputs rather than presence, and developing techniques to do this effectively.
- Be aware of guidance for working securely away from the office.