Leading and managing teams programme (ILM Level 2) - Group 7 - 3 days
Southwark Employees Price: £600 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for Southwark council supervisors responsible for the day to day management of the team which includes the allocation of tasks and resources. As a Supervisor you will have a critical role in the day to day performance of your team. This can also be viewed as an essential development opportunity for someone wishing to become a supervisor.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Differences between leadership and management, and the need for each of them
- Characteristics of a leader and how these are developed
- Ways to identify areas of concern or under-performance
- Blending personal objectives with organisational objectives and using rewards (behavioural) and positive feedback to optimise performance
- Internal and external reasons for change
- Barriers to change and how to overcome them
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand the different between leadership and management
- Identify areas of concern or underperformance
- Identify barriers to change and how to overcome them in the workplace
- Achieve an Institute of Leadership (ILM) Award in in Leadership and team skills (level 2)