An introduction to financial abuse - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all working within all agencies working with vulnerable adults.
What does it cover?
This course will cover
- Definitions of vulnerability and of financial abuse
- Understanding of what is meant by financial abuse and where it sits in the wider landscape of abuse.
- The different types of financial abuse with case examples
- Identify and respond appropriately to financial/material abuse concerns;
- Which adults with care and support needs may be particularly vulnerable to financial abuse. Why?
- Key issues to consider in tackling financial abuse
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to:
- Understanding of what is meant by financial abuse, what makes adults vulnerable and who abuses.
- Apply this understanding to their practice
- Understand the wider arena that includes fraud, scams and abuse on line.
- Demonstrate agencies can work together to safeguard adults from financial abuse, the law, the policy and the limitations on intervention.
- Have a greater potential to challenge and address financial abuse