Suicide and self-harm - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all working within all agencies working with adults, teenagers and young adults who are at risk of self-harming or suicide.
What does it cover?
This course will cover..
- The issues in terms of risk, prevention and response
- Identification of social and physical changes that occur
- Application of risk assessment skills
- Evidence based responses and ways of generating hope
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the definitions, differences and commonalities in suicide and self-harm and legal position of each.
- Understand the types and causes of self-harm and explore the diversity of impact in different adult groups identify different manifestations and potential suicide risk
- Confidently spot key triggers and report them successfully
- Apply risk assessment strategies to support suicide prevention
- Put in place preventative measures to reduce the risk to a person's wellbeing.
- Analyse the ethical questions that should underpin and influence practice such as how to balance protection and autonomy and how to recognise and control the need to control in ourselves.