Adult Safeguarding Level 2 refresher - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for employees, workers and volunteers who work regularly with adults with care and support needs and who have not undertaken Safeguarding Training . It supports Standard 10 Care Act Certificate and QCF Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2. It is for, but not limited to all support staff in health and social care settings, drivers, other transport staff, day service staff. This meets the Southwark Adults Competency Framework at Level 2.
What does it cover?
This course will cover
- Sharing Safeguarding practice and experience
- To update knowledge on the current emphasis and approaches in Adult Safeguarding
- Reinforce and update understanding of the key principles of prevention though wellbeing, respect, dignity and individual’s rights
- Recognising adults abuse and neglect
- Reflect upon their own role, importance and responsibility in reporting risk of abuse.
- Identify what and how to report/refer.
- Understand how to raise a concern in 2017/2018 with several alternative routes
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to
- Undertake their role in preventing the abuse of adults with care and support needs with renewed confidence
- Recognise an adult potentially in need of Safeguarding and take action as appropriate to role
- Understand the current procedures for raising a safeguarding concern via more than one route
- Explain the importance of dignity and respect when working with adults and why people become vulnerable to abuse
- Have knowledge of policy, procedures and legislation that supports Safeguarding Adults activity nationally and in Southwark in 2017/2018