Senior business manager programme (ILM Level 5) - Group 9 - 9 days
Southwark Employees Price: £1500 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This programme is targeted at Business managers within Southwark council with the responsibility for operational delivery and financial management control; directly responsible for making council strategy happen in the delivery of our services. You will be responsible for the management and development of a large staff group. This would be typically a manager that reports to a “Head of Service”. Equally, this is a development opportunity for someone aspiring to become a business manager, who has demonstrated the right aptitude and ability for career progression
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The different approaches to leadership and management, and their application. Participants will focus on developing their personal leadership style.
- What is required to effectively manage individual and team performance to meet business and organisational goals and objectives.
- What influences human decision making and leads to meaningful behaviour change
- Understanding and influencing the “Political” and “political” dimensions of the public sector.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this programme participants will be able to...
- Critically assess LBS and local government custom and practice in measuring work performance against goals and objectives
- Plan, manage and critically review own learning; find and manage own learning resources; plan, manage and critically review own CPD practice
- Critically evaluate own and others’ role as LBS leaders in leading teams to achieve organisational goals and objectives
Participants who completed the programme will achieve an ILM Level 5 Certificate in Leadership and Management