Child trafficking and modern slavery Level 2 and 3. - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Venue: Prospero House 241 Borough High Street, London SE1 1GA
Length: 1 day
Who is it for?
This course is for people working with in Southwark from the health, community and voluntary sector and council service, such as housing and social care.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Trafficking in the national and local context. The links between other safeguarding concerns such as CSE and missing from home, education or care.
- Responding to suspicions of trafficking, exploitation and modern slavery and the impact of trafficking on victims including within the wider context of CSE and county drug lines.
- The modern slavery act and how this legislation is being used creatively to arrest and pursue criminals involved in county lines and CSE.
- The national referral mechanism.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to....
- Recognise and respond to suspicions of trafficking.
- Differentiate between the needs and risks of trafficked children, with reference to care planning and risk assessments in a multi-agency framework.
- Understand thresholds to make an appropriate referral to MASH using local forms.
- Recognise the impact of trafficking on victims including within the wider context of CSE and county drug lines.