Emotional abuse and neglect in children Level 3 - I day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Venue: Training Room G01b, Ground Floor, 160 Tooley Street, London, SE1 2QH
Length: I day
Who is it for?
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents/carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
For example, paediatricians, GPs, youth workers, YOT staff and staff in secure settings, those working in the early years sector, residential staff, midwives, school nurses, health visitors, sexual health staff, teachers, probation staff, sports club welfare officers, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services, those working in community play schemes.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Understanding the issues of emotional abuse and neglect, the wider context relating to guidance, and local procedures.
- How evidence emotional abuse and neglect, and make an analysis, so that thresholds can be used effectively to refer to other agencies.
- Develop skills in developing strategies that create change in families where such safeguarding concerns are present at the earliest opportunity.
- Reflection on delegate's own professional judgements about how emotional abuse and neglect is seen and challenging current practice in safeguarding so that new ideas for intervention can be created and to consider the impact for children and young people and the seriousness if intervention is not successful.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand national guidance and local, multi-agency procedures outlining the responses to possible complex abuse cases.
- Understand what constitutes emotional abuse and neglect , how to notice and
- evidence it.
- Develop ideas for creative plans that make a difference to children's lives and create change in families where neglect is present.