Commercial Awareness - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Senior managers who have to make commercially based decisions or are tasked with making savings within the organisation.
What does it cover?
What is Commercial Awareness?
- Identifying the internal commercial factors that managers impact and are impacted by
- Looking at the ‘bigger picture’ - PESTLE
- Local Government trading powers – trading vs charging
- Services, assets - demands and constraints
- Developing strategies to move towards an appropriate commercial model and culture
Saving Money and Maximising Income
- Maximising existing resources and developing a cost saving mindset
- Income generation from a legal perspective and how it can be achieved
- How and where creating value can be achieved
- Exploring revenue streams
- Generating ideas – identifying realistic commercial opportunities
- Creating a SWOT analysis
Managing Commercial Contracts
- Contract Management tools
- Managing Relationships/Stakeholder Management
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of the training session, you will be able to:
- Explain what commercial awareness means in practice
- Develop an understanding of Local Government trading powers, restrictions and opportunities
- Collaborate with and secure partner organisations
- Explain revenue streams available to Southwark and how income can be generated across the organisation whilst minimising risks
- Generate ideas for specific commercial activity and consider organisational changes that may be required
- Effectively manage commercial contracts