Developing Your Personal Impact - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Staff who want to develop their personal impact within the workplace, and amongst stakeholders.
What does it cover?
Establishing Your Strengths & Areas for Improvement
- Perception of yourself and the image you portray
- What makes an impact and how people impact on one another
- Personal SWOT - identifying personal strengths and development areas
- Building on your strengths and exploring personal potential
Your Personal Social Style
- Examining your personal social style
- Does your style affect how you communicate with others?
- Developing flexibility between the styles to build a more effective relationship
Communicating with Impact
- Articulate, clear communication
- Identifying and overcoming the barriers to effective communication
- Adopting appropriate body language and voice tone to be consistent with the message you are giving
Our Behaviour and How this Affects Others
- How your behaviour impacts on others
- Defining and understanding assertive behaviour and its value
- Saying no confidently
- Improving your skills when giving and receiving feedback
Persuading and Influencing Others
- Influencing others to achieve prompt response
- Voicing your views, ideas and requests in a persuasive manner
- Gaining cooperation from others and minimising conflict
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this training session, you will be able to:
- Examine how you are perceived and how others see you
- Describe what makes an impact and how we impact on others
- Identify your strengths and development areas
- Understand what makes an impact and develop the impact you have on others
- Improve your ability to influence others
- Recognise different social styles and how they affect communications