Handling Difficult Situations and Behaviours - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Anyone who encounters difficult behaviour or situations in their work, with customers, other staff members, members of associated organisations or the public.
What does it cover?
- Questioning your own part in difficult situations
- The causes of non-assertive behaviour
- Responding assertively to situations
- Dealing with different communication styles
- Other tools for difficult situations
Personal Development Plan
You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this training session, you will be able to:
- Change your own behaviour if it's contributing to a difficult situation
- Address aggressiveness in others and calm them down
- Assertively state your opinion, needs and boundaries
- Adapt your communication style to get the best from somebody whose style differs
- Choose from a range of techniques to address difficult situations appropriately