Building Positive Relationships - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Staff who want to build positive relationships with their colleagues, internal or external customers and partner organisations.
What does it cover?
Relationships at work
- What makes a good relationship?
- How do you build work relationships?
Assertiveness, aggressiveness and passive behaviours
- Distinguishing between assertive, aggressive and passive behaviours
Understanding our behaviour
- Understanding perception
- Beliefs, values and behaviour
- Four working styles - strengths and weaknesses exercise
- Self assessment
- Questions and feedback
Recognising others' behaviour including stress
- Recognising others exercise
- The value of other styles strengths exercise
- Behaviours under stress understanding ourselves and others
- Own examples
Adapting our behaviour
- Four Styles - expectations and adapting for a win-win
- Managing difficult people and situations
- Skill practice with scenarios
- Adapting our style for improved communication using email, telephone conferencing, presenting, coaching, giving feedback, getting work completed, and team building.
- Keeping a positive attitude at work
- An introduction to the impact of cultural awareness and style
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this training session, you will be able to:
- Identify the core ingredients needed to build good relationships
- Analyse the effects of your behaviour when dealing with others
- Learn to express your position and feeling openly
- Learn to treat yourself and others with respect
- Create trusting and respectful relationships at work