Emotional Intelligence - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This workshop is aimed at individuals who want to understand more about how emotions impact on people and how we choose the impact of our behaviour.
What does it cover?
What is Emotional Intelligence?
- Defining Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Outlining the core EI competencies
- Relating the behaviours, impact and challenges of EI on workplace performance
- Identifying your workplace relationships and their importance to yourself and others
Emotional Intelligence Competency Framework
- Defining the four domains in the Emotional Intelligence model
- Explaining the relevant competencies associated with each domain
Gaining Personal Insight into Your Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Assessing competencies through a self-assessment
- Describing your Emotional Intelligence strengths and challenges
- Selecting potential developmental areas for enhancing your Emotional Intelligence skills
- Being aware of your personal reactions to the self-assessment
Tools and Techniques for Increasing Competence in the Four Domains of EI
- Explaining each domain: Self Awareness, Self Management, Social Awareness, Relationship Management
- Describing developmental activities that will increase skill and understanding
- Practicing developmental activities associated with each domain
Identifying Areas for Improvement and Specific Steps for Developing EI
- Consolidating information from assessment/reflection into an action plan
- Planning specific techniques to act on improvement areas.
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this training session, you will be able to:
- Recognise the benefits of developing Emotional Intelligence (EI)
- Define EI competencies and origins
- Identify personal strengths and limitations using EI
- Apply the EI competency framework to improve performance and working relationships