Influencing and Negotiating - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for managers who wish to develop their influencing and negotiation skills with a range of partners and stakeholders.
What does it cover?
- Identifying the critical elements to influence others
- Examining the various influencing styles and leveraging the advantages and limitations of each style
- Identifying your individual influencing style
Communication: Influencing, Persuading or Negotiating?
- Differentiating between influencing, persuading and negotiating
- Recognising the factors that will encourage others to come around to your way of thinking
- Identifying the difference between assertiveness, passive aggressive and directive communication
- Showing empathy and seeing it from the other person’s point of view
- Learning how to put forward a well thought out and structured argument to get your point across and influence others
Creating an Influencing and Persuading Strategy
- Creating a practical structure to achieve effective influencing and persuading skills
- Recognising and responding positively to signals
- Understanding how to use personal power to your advantage
- Learn how to influence when managing and chairing meetings
Working with Multiple Perspectives
- Choosing the right style and managing issues involved when endeavouring to influence across a wider organisation
- Transforming resistance and inertia in others
- Using trust to increase your influence
- Maintaining ethics and integrity and creating trust-based relationships
- Enhancing active listening habits
- Establishing instant rapport and why it is vital for success in influencing
- Applying techniques for building rapport
- The Negotiation Process
- Planning and preparation – best alternatives to succeed
- Opening, proposing and negotiating for a win/win result
- Reaching agreement and reviewing
Personal Development Plan
You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of this training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this session, you will be able to:
- Identify the critical elements of influence
- Discover your own influencing and communication style
- Differentiate between influencing, persuading and negotiating
- Learn practical strategies, techniques and skills for influencing people
- Apply the appropriate influencing strategy to different personalities and teams
- Understand and apply the core principles of negotiation.