Effective Complaints Handling - Half Day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Anyone who has to manage customer complaints.
What does it cover?
- Defining good customer services - finding out what your customers want and need
- Southwark’s values, vision and mission (how customer service helps achieve all three)
- First Impressions - understanding your personal impact and developing a professional image
Managing Complaints / Understanding the Escalation Process
- Why do customers complain?
- Identifying the customers "real problem”
- Resolving the problems and issues
- Managing complaints and reducing escalation
Identifying and dealing with different ‘difficult’ customer types
- Using effective techniques to manage confrontations and deal with difficult customers
- Staying calm under pressure and managing responses
- Learn how to use personal stress management techniques
Improving customer relations through effective communication
- Using assertive communication as well as active listening and questioning skills to improve customer relations
- Defusing a difficult situation though effective communication
- Demonstrating empathy - exploring options and alternatives
- Using information effectively
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of the training session, you will be able to:
- Define customer services within your organisation
- Understand your personal impact on customers
- Handle customer complaints efficiently reducing escalation
- Focus on key issues and challenges relating to difficult/demanding customers
- Develop and maintain a positive, customer focused, attitude