Managing Your Time Effectively - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
This course is designed for anyone who wants to manage their own time more effectively, with a view to achieving outcomes.
What does it cover?
Assessing Your Time
- How effective are you at organising your time?
- What is bad use of your time
- Common problems and how to overcome them
- Controlling time stealers, interruptions and emails
- Investing time and effort in order to achieve more in the future
- Your time management behaviour – preferred working styles
- Personal effectiveness – a guide to self-discipline
- The importance of boundaries and discipline
- Planning ahead of time
- Planning techniques
- Setting clear objectives
- Time Mapping / Time Logs
- Use of diaries / calendars and prompts
- The urgent / important matrix
- Prioritising and categorising tasks effectively and in keeping with the job role
- Dealing appropriately with interruptions
- Using the “Eat that Frog” concept
- Assertive, aggressive and passive behaviour
- Self-assessment of your style
- Learning how to say “No” constructively
Personal Development Plan
You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of the training session, you will be able to:
- Identify and overcome the primary causes of poor time management
- Prioritise your tasks and cope more effectively with day-to-day demands and pressures
- Plan ahead and use your time more effectively to increase personal and team productivity
- Become more assertive and disciplined, achieving greater control through improved personal organisation.