Effective Interview Preparation - Half Day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Staff who are due to attend an interview, internal or external. This course is particularly suited to those wishing to increase their confidence, or understanding around competency-based approaches to interviews.
What does it cover?
- The interview context and selection process
- Preparing yourself effectively
- Choosing the best examples to cover in an interview
- Using STAR to answer competency-based questions
- Answering other types of questions
Personal Development Plan
You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain how the interview fits into the selection context
- Choose competency-based examples that give the best impression and explain them using the STAR technique
- Answer a selection of non-competency based questions effectively
- Give a good impression at interview through your non-verbal communication
- End and follow up an interview appropriately