Customer Service Excellence - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £100 Associates Price: £150
Who is it for?
Staff who provide a service to both internal and external customers on a regular basis, as part of their role.
What does it cover?
Defining Excellent Customer Service
- Finding out what your customers want and need
- Southwark’s values, vision and mission (how customer service helps achieve all three)
- Projecting an organisational image from your customers’ viewpoint
- The importance of first impressions
- Attitudes, knowledge and skills required for customer care
- Examining how you currently communicate with internal and external customers
- Essential elements of effective communication
- An overview of how communication works at its best and identifying barriers where it can go wrong.
- Using active listening and questioning skills
- Demonstrating appreciation of the other person's point of view
- Finding out what your customers' needs are and putting their needs first
- Making the customer feel valued - going the extra mile - exceeding customer expectations
- The use of positive words and tone when interacting with customers
- How to quickly build rapport
- How to manage complaints and conflict
- Maintaining a positive attitude and empathising with customers
- Projecting good will when dealing with difficult customers
- Showing respect at all times
- Seeking resolution to customers' concerns
- How can you influence customer loyalty?
- Customer service approach
- Consistency in customer service quality
Personal Development Plan
- You will be asked to create a list of actions that you can take forward as a result of the training, and will be expected to take responsibility for following up on these.
What are the course outcomes?
By the end of this session you will be able to:
- Identify the benefits of excellent customer service
- Understand your personal impact when dealing with customers
- Determine your communication style and how this affects customers
- Handle customer complaints and awkward situations gracefully and with self confidence
- Empathise with customers and maintain a positive attitude