Protecting children with disabilities - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £100
Who is it for?
This course is for respite carers in the family link service within the council and associated social workers and others working for the council.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Understand child abuse.
- Explore a respite carers role in preventing abuse.
- Identify possible indicators of abuse.
- Recognise the impact of any form of abuse.
- Consider why the children carers are supporting are particularly vulnerable .
- A common-sense approach to child protection.
- Understand the Signs of safety approach and the role of the M.A.S.H and SSCB.
- Understand Southwark local policy and protocols for reporting abuse.
- CWDC Standards: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 5.1, 5.2, 5.3, 5.4
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Safeguard children and young people in their care from harm.
- Be aware of the child in their care's specific vulnerabilities.
- The minimum standards for induction to short break care are met relating to child protection.