Dealing with Violence and Aggression – ENGINEERING STAFF INVITATION ONLY - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for engineering staff ONLY who could potentially encounter violence or aggression in the course of their work. It teaches the skills and behaviours necessary to deal with such behaviour effectively in different contexts.
By invitation only – bespoke housing.
What does it cover?
This course will help staff to develop the knowledge and skills to apply appropriate risk reduction measures to workplace violence and aggression.
What are the course outcomes?
- To develop the knowledge of the physical and emotional changes to a person experiencing threatening situations and develop practical skills and confidence to respond effectively
- To develop the knowledge and behaviours to promote a professional image and reduce an escalation by identifying and managing the common expectations
- To increase the knowledge of the basic elements of communication and develop the skills to identify the blocks in order to communicate effectively
- To develop practical skills and confidence to signal non aggressive during potentially difficult situations
- To develop the knowledge, skills and attitude to recognise signs of escalation in order to effectively defuse and calm