Care Act: ordinary residence - half day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for Southwark Council adults social care employees only. If you are not in adults social care and you wish to attend, there will be £75 charge which will be automatically applied.
The course is now a half day. We may need to make a small adjustment to the timings at a later date, and this will be communicated to all who make an application.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The principles of ordinary residence.
- How to make the determination of whether a person is ordinarily resident in Southwark, or in another borough.
- The legislative framework.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
• Evidence knowledge on the legal premise for ‘Ordinary Residence
• Understand the legal duties with regards to s19 of the Care Act 2014 and s117 MHA
• Ensure the adult involved as far as is legal and appropriate
• Evidence ability and confidence in working with ‘ordinary residence’ in their day to day practice.
• Understand how to take their role in any disputes.