Life story work - 2 hours
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for social workers in employed by the council, in children's social care: assessment and intervention, children with disabilities, youth offending service, safeguarding and family support, quality assurance and safeguarding, permanence and care groups services only.
What does it cover?
This course covers..
- Starting out: the importance of gathering information first.
- Engagement and direct work.
- Dealing with difficult explanations and issues.
- Promoting identity.
- Addressing issues of loss, separation and attachment.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to ...
- Create life story books which are meaningful and represent the child/young person.
- Use tools and resources to develop life story work.