Hate crime awareness - Half Day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is aimed at anyone working in Southwark who has regular contact with the public. They could have little or no knowledge of hate crime, but may have been a victim themselves or, in the course of their work, come into contact with members of the public who have experienced hate crime.
What does it cover?
This course covers…
- The background and history linked to hate crime legislation in England and Wales.
- The working definitions of and differences between a hate crime and hate incident.
- The five hate crime strands in law.
- The barriers to reporting hate crimes.
- The impact of hate crime on victims.
- The support and services available to victims in Southwark.
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Understand how and why hate crime law came into being.
- Increase their understanding and working definition of ‘hate crime’ and ‘hate incident’.
- Know about support and services available for hate crime victims in Southwark.
- Understand of the importance of reporting and what delegates can do in their roles to overcome the barriers in reporting.