First Aid for children at home and in the community - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for Family Link respite carers working for Southwark Council only. Supervising social workers can attend, after being invited.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- Dealing with accidents
- Unconscious and breathing baby and child, and unconscious and not breathing baby and child
- Choking baby and child, and swallowing something harmful
- Bleeding and wounds, burns and scalds and objects in eyes, ears and nose
- Extremes of hot and cold, sickness and fever, meningitis
- Broken bones, head neck and back injuries
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Explore limitations on a carers role and where to get guidance on expectations of what a carer would, or would not be expected to attempt.
- Discuss the likely first aid situations for children participants are supporting and where to get necessary advice and support.
- Standards 1.1, 1.3, 2.1, 2.2, 2.4, 3.3, 5.1, 5.2,