Basic life support - 3 hours
Southwark Employees Price: £0 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for Southwark Council Youth Offending Service Volunteers only.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- The sequence of actions in basic life support
- Combining chest compression with rescue breaths or mouth to nose ventilation (all ages)
- Chest Compression-only CPR
- Discussion of risks to the rescuer and casualty
- Rate and depth of chest compressions needed for different types of individual
- Sequence for the treatment of adult choking and infants over 1 year If the casualty becomes unconscious
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Open an airway and check for breathing
- Perform the recovery position
- Demonstrate how to perform CPR on a non breathing casualty
- Identify risks to the rescuer and casualty
- Understand management of a casualty who regurgitates during CPR
- Identify the actions they would take if the casualty becomes unconscious