Succession, Assignment and exchange - CIH - 1 Day
Southwark Employees Price: £15 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is suitable housing officers, housing assistants, policy officers and others involved in housing management.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- when such changes can take place
- whether the landlord’s permission is required, and if so the circumstances in which it can be withheld
- implications of such changes for housing management, for example rent arrears or possession procedures
- the importance of effective policies and procedures on assignment and succession
- changes brought in by the Localism Act 2011 and potential changes included in the Housing and Planning Bill
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- Have an understanding of how a tenancy can be passed on
- Identify the differences depending upon the type of tenancy, including the impact of Introductory tenancies and demoted tenancies
- Determine the rights of tenants and other occupiers
- Appreciate the implications of joint tenancies on change of title
- Understand the implications of change of title on liability for rent arrears
- Be aware of the importance of the terms of tenancy agreements
Course Ratings & Reviews
Succession, Assignment & Exchange
A very good course. The case studies were helpful and the trainer was very knowledgeable.