Dealing with challenging, angry and upset customers - CIH - 1 day
Southwark Employees Price: £15 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
Anyone working with customers in a frontline role
What does it cover?
This course covers...
understanding aggressive and assertive behaviour, based on the stimulus and response model
using a 5 step method to manage risk at each stage
knowing boundaries and when to walk away
effective body language and verbal communication in dealing with conflict situations
understanding your stress levels and developing a resiliency toolkit
self-awareness, emotional intelligence and transactional analysis
case studies and following sound procedures
What are the course outcomes?
- Develop an awareness of risks in working with a range of challenging situations
- Assess the different situations that you have to manage with a range of residents
- Examine ways of diffusing and dealing effectively with challenging and aggressive behaviour
- Outline the importance of planning, exit strategies and contingencies in conducting home and office transactions
- Understand support, coping and resiliency factors in adapting to conflict situations