Leasehold repairs and maintenance - CIH - 1 Day
Southwark Employees Price: £15 Associates Price: £0
Who is it for?
This course is for all those officers who are involved in the day to day maintenance of the local authority: including local authority housing officers, staff working for the council’s contractors, works managers and customer service staff.
What does it cover?
This course covers...
- An overview of the law on leasehold
- Typical provisions in the lease
- When a leaseholder can challenge the amount of service charges they are being asked to pay
- The consultation process for both major works and long term contracts
- Recent case law on major works
What are the course outcomes?
Participants will be able to...
- State the characteristics of long leases
- Understand the importance of what is written in the lease and how to deal with unclear terms
- Explain the rights that leaseholders have with regards to service charges and major works
- Manage the “Section 20” consultation process when major works are required
- Consider how to best organise repairs and major works
Course Ratings & Reviews
Leasehold Repairs and Maintenance
This course gives a strong foundation to understand the contractual obligations of both the leaseholder and landlord in managing repairs & maintenance issues. Its what it says on the tin. I would have liked a future course to look at leasehold alteration requests and retrospective landlord consent.